Join the Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort team for a rewarding career in the fast-paced, dynamic and ever-growing hospitality industry. Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort offers a rewarding and supportive work environment with competitive compensation, and we are always on the look-out for dedicated and professional employees to compliment our talented team of industry specialists.
Check this page often for current jobs in Fernie at our first-class resort, or contact us or stop by in person for more information.
Current Jobs In Fernie at Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort:
Front Desk Agent
• Register arriving guests and assign rooms
• Customer service and answering enquiries regarding hotel services
• Completing reservations both over the phone, via email, and in person
• Switchboard use
• General duties in the hotel setting including support for the housekeeping department
• Helping out with other office duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
Customer service attitude a must
• Sales skills essential
• Strong communication skills needed (written and oral)
• Completion of secondary school or equivalent
• Computer knowledge required (MS Office Word, Excel)
• Experience using a Hotel Reservation System would be preferred
• Previous experience in an office setting
• A detail oriented and efficient worker able to perform in a fast-paced environment
• Well organized and able to multitask
Job Type: Full-time
• Fernie, BC
• High school or equivalent
• Customer Service: 1 year
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stanford Hotels & Resorts Fernie, B.C. is looking for a full time housekeepers. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethnic Food Cook
STANFORD HOTELS & RESORTS is seeking to hire Ethnic Food Cook to work in their Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort.
About the company
Since its inception in 1990, the Stanford Hospitality Group (‘SHG’) has been on a mission to provide top quality hotel accommodation in world-class locations at accessible prices. SHG currently owns and operates the Stanford Grande Prairie Hotel and the Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort. The Stanford Hospitality Group also manages over 60 luxury resort condominiums, 3 licensed restaurants, and 2 pubs.
Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort Location: 100 Riverside Way, Fernie, British Columbia V0B 1M1 Canada
About the position
Job title: Ethnic Food Cook (NOC 6322)
Number of positions: 2
Type: permanent, full-time position
Start Date: June 2017
Language Requirement: English
Weekly hours: Minimum 40 hours
• Prepare and cook authentic Indian cuisines/menu items.
• Handling/cooking of bread, vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes in tandoor
• Preparation and handling of raw ingredients before cooking
• Ensure quality of food, correct cooking times and techniques, and determine size of food proportions.
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Record food temperatures and ensure proper cooling and storage techniques.
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas.
• Train new staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
• Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, clay oven etc.).
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Work with minimal supervision
Education, Work Experience, and Skills Requirement:
• Thorough knowledge of Tandoori cooking techniques is required
•Strong knowledge of Indian spices and their uses are required
• Completion of a minimum of secondary level school is required
•Completion of a minimum of 3 years work experience in commercial cooking for Indian cuisine is required
• High agility and focus in the kitchen are required
• Ability to work a variety of shifts as the business dictates
• FOODSAFE certification
Wage and Benefit:
• Hourly rate: $19 with applicable overtime pay rate if work overtime in accordance to BC Employment Standards
• Health Benefits available after completion of probationary period or 3 months (whichever is sooner)
• Accommodation will be provided at subsidized rates
• Transportation cost to Fernie will be covered
Location of work: 100 Riverside Way, Fernie, British Columbia V0B 1M1 Canada
The Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort is an equal opportunity employer, underrepresented groups (aboriginal, youth, new immigrants, persons with disabilities) are encouraged to apply
Please send your resume with details of your work authorization type in Canada (citizen/PR or work permit holder) to the contact person below:
Corien Sieders; E:email@example.com; P: (250)-423-5000